TU Wien - University Professor (m_f)
in the field of "Theory of Light Matter Interaction"
TU Wien is Austria's largest institution of research and higher education in the fields of technology and natural sciences. With over 26,000 students and more than 4000 scientists, research, teaching and learning dedicated to the advancement of science and technology have been conducted here for more than 200 years, guided by the motto "Technology for People". As a driver of innovation, TU Wien fosters close collaboration with business and industry and contributes to the prosperity of society.
- Completed doctoral or PhD studies in the field under consideration from a domestic or foreign university or research institution (or equivalent scientific qualification)
- Outstanding publication record in internationally recognised academic journals in the fields of work of the professorship
- The qualification for teaching (venia docendi) acquired at a domestic or foreign university or an academic qualification recognisable as being equivalent to the venia docendi
- Pedagogic and didactic qualification for academic teaching of Physics, in English and in German. In case the candidate does not yet possess sufficient knowledge of German, we expect a commitment to acquire German skills at a level suitable for teaching, for participation in the management of the institute and faculty as well as in governing bodies of the university
- Experience in the supervision of research projects of students and PostDocs
- International research experience relevant to the field of specialization, international visibility, as well as skills in networking
- Experience in the acquisition, completion and management of research projects
- Ability and willingness to manage a research division or a research group
- The candidate should ideally have competence and experience in the professional promotion of young scholars
- The candidate should ideally be educated in the field of gender mainstreaming
- On-site presence is expected
- Excellent working conditions in an attractive research environment
- A strong network of quantum research groups in Austria
- Attractive compensation combined with a supplemental retirement benefit program sponsored by the employer and further benefits (see also: Fringe-Benefit Catalogue of TU Wien)
- Financial support of research activities in the first years (start-up funds); support in moving to Vienna (if required)
- Dual career advice (if required): We offer partners of the university professors appointed to TU Wien various supporting services tailored to their individual situation
- An employee-friendly environment in a city with an extraordinary high quality of life
TU Wien is committed to increasing the proportion of women in particular in leadership positions. Female applicants are explicitly encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to women when equally qualified, unless reasons specific to a male applicant tilt the balance in his favour.
People with special needs are equally encouraged to apply. In case of any questions, please contact the confidant for disabled persons at the university, Mr. Gerhard Neustätter.
Classification in the A1 category of the collective bargaining agreement for employees of universities and a full-time minimum salary of EUR 76.127,80 gross annual
is provided for. Furthermore, on top of the employee benefit fund, a company pension scheme will be set up for employees, depending on the duration of their employment, with the result that personnel benefits will increase. A higher salary depending on qualifications and experience is subject of appointment negotiations as well as detailed information about benefits.
General information can be found at the following links:
Applications in German or English must include at least the following documents:
We look forward to receiving your complete application documents by 15.09.2022.
- A detailed curriculum vitae including professional and academic record
- Motivation Letter
- Presentation of previous academic activities including a survey of research and development projects carried out and of funds raised as well as a list of teaching and lecturing activities
- A list of publications (including a link to a unique researcher identifier like on ResearcherID, ORCID or Google Scholar)
- Copies of the 5 most important publications related to the field of the position announced
- A research and teaching concept with considerations on the future positioning and further development of the field
- We kindly ask you to download the data sheet "Theory of Light-Matter Interaction" and upload the completed sheet under the category: +add more documents