TU Wien - University Assistant (Post-Doc)
40 hours/week | limited to 6 years
TU Wien is Austria's largest institution of research and higher education in the fields of technology and natural sciences. With over 26,000 students and more than 4000 scientists, research, teaching and learning dedicated to the advancement of science and technology have been conducted here for more than 200 years, guided by the motto "Technology for People". As a driver of innovation, TU Wien fosters close collaboration with business and industry and contributes to the prosperity of society.
At the Institute of Solid State Physics, in the Research Unit of Quantum Materials, TU Wien is offering a position as University Assistant (post-doc) limited to 6 years for 40 hours/week.
Expected start: September 2022.
- Research in quantum materials and publication of results
- Participating and taking a leading role in research projects
- Presentation of research results and participation in scientific events
- Participating in teaching activities: laboratories, exercises, internships, co-supervision of bachelor, master, and PhD students
- Assistance with administrative tasks and funding acquisition
- PhD in physics or related field
- Excellent background in solid state physics
- Experience in performing low-temperature experiments
- Good knowledge of strongly correlated electron systems (ideally also of heavy fermion compounds)
- Ideally hands-on experience with dilution refrigerators and high-sensitivity measurements of any of the following: transport, specific heat, magnetization, microwave conductivity, noise
- Proven track record of publications in leading scientific journals
- Curiosity and high motivation for scientific research
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Opportunity to further develop your research career and scientific potential
- Dynamic and international work environment
- Possibility to participate in structured research programs
- Continuing personal and professional education and flexible working hours
- Central location with very good accessibility (U1/U2/U4 Karlsplatz)
- A creative environment in one of the most liveable cities in the world
- Additional benefits for employees can be found at the following link Fringe-Benefit Catalogue of TU Wien
TU Wien is committed to increasing the proportion of women in particular in leadership positions. Female applicants are explicitly encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to women when equally
qualified, unless reasons specific to a male applicant tilt the balance in his favour.
People with special needs are equally encouraged to apply. In case of any questions, please contact the confidant for disabled persons at the university, Mr. Gerhard Neustätter.
Entry level salary is determined by the pay grade B1 of the Austrian collective agreement for university staff. This is a minimum of currently EUR 4,061.50/month gross, 14 times/year for 40 hours/week. Relevant working experiences may increase the monthly income.
We look forward to receiving your application until 28.07.2022.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us
Carmen Keck | T: +43 1 588 01 406201
Furthermore, please note that applicants will not normally be reimbursed for travel costs incurred in connection
with this admission process.