(Senior) scientist with doctorate (m/f/d) - University of Graz
At the University of Graz, researchers and students work across a broad disciplinary spectrum to enlarge our knowledge,
and find strategies to deal with challenges our society is confronted with and to shape tomorrow’s world. The University of
Graz is a place which combines high quality academic research and teaching, where achievement is rewarded, careers
are promoted, and social diversity is encouraged – all within a modern, award-winning working environment. Our motto:
We work for tomorrow. Join us!
The Institute of Physics is looking for a
(Senior) scientist with doctorate (m/f/d)
40 hours a week
fixed-term employment for 6 years
position to be filled as of 01.04.2022
Career objective: Permanent employment as Senior Scientist
- Active participation in the research tasks and research projects of the group OpNaQ (Banzer) and the Institute of
- Independent research in the field of photoacoustics, photoacoustic imaging, laser-ultrasound-based tehnologies
and cutting-edge nanophotonics
- Independent scientific publishing and oral presentations
- Participation in the teaching and examination tasks of the institute
- Independent conception and holding of courses and implementation of exams
- Proactive participation in the application and/or independent application as well as implementation of third-party
funded research projects
- Participation in organizational and administrative tasks
- Completed doctoral / PhD studies in physics
Excellent knowledge in the areas of photonics, photoacoustics imaging, and optics
- Experience in the aforementioned topics including publications and lectures
- Several years of professional experience in the advertised area of responsibility
- Proven ability to carry out and apply for third-party funded research projects
- Didactic ability to hold courses independently and to supervise students
- Experience with the independent holding of courses
Ability to participate in university self-administration bodies (desirable)
- Willingness for interdisciplinary research and teaching
- Very good German and English skills
- Communication, organizational and team skills
- Independent and structured way of working
Salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 4.061,50
gross/month (for full-time employment). This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible
for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect an enjoyable work climate, flexible work hours
and numerous possibilities for further education and personal development. Take advantage of the chance to enter into a
challenging work environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm for your job.
Application deadline: 16.03.2022
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and
therefore encourages qualified women to apply.
Especially with regard to academic staff, we welcome applications from persons with disabilities who meet the
requirements of the advertised position.
Please add a letter of motivation via the upload field in the application mask.
Applicants with proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be given preference if equally qualified. For further information, please
refer to our general application regulations .
For further information or questions, please contact:
Univ.-Prof. Peter Banzer firstname.lastname@example.org
Anika Maier email@example.com
Please note that in order to comply with the applicable data protection regulations, we can only accept applications via
our web-based applicant tool for this vacant position.
link ot the job offer at the University of Graz