We invite applications for a tenure-track position on Computational Modelling of Superconducting Materials. The position is initially for 6 years, which after positive evaluation can be upgraded to a tenured associate professorship position. We expect from the applicants
- excellent knowledge in the field of ab-initio modelling of solids (density functional theory, GW approximation, structure prediction methods), ideally with experience in the prediction of new electron-phonon based superconducting materials.
- extensive experience with numerical methods and implementations required for these research questions.
- successful, internationally embedded research and publication activity.
- experience in implementing research projects with commercial partners, ideally to the point of patent submission.
- communication, organisation, and teamwork skills, as well as willingness to design, apply for and implement research projects.
- enthusiasm for excellent teaching, university teaching experience as well as the ability and willingness to teach at all curriulary levels (Bachelor, Master, Doctorate), to supervise theses and to promote young academics.
- excellent spoken and written competence in English. Specifically, willingness to teach courses in English is expected. Fluency in German or the willingness to acquire it is also required. The successful candidate is also expected to transfer her/his residence to the area of Graz.
The duties of the position will be
- Heading a work group on computational materials modelling.
- Independent scientific work on modelling of new superconducting materials.
- Close cooperation with business partners in the field.
- Acquisition of third-party funded research projects.
- Supervision of Bachelor, Master, and PhD theses.
- Teaching in the field of theoretical and computational physics.
The initial gross annual salary is expected to be 62829.20 Euro. Send your application including all necessary documents (CV, certificates, list of publications, teaching experience) to email@example.com. E-mail subject (mandatory): Tenure-track professorship, identification number 5150/22/003, Mrs/Mr First name LAST NAME.
Deadline for application is March 2, 2022, 23:59 CET (email time stamp). Expected starting date June 1, 2022. The official announcement can be found in the Mitteilungsblatt of TU Graz from February 2, 2022.
link to open position at TU Graz