Universitätsassistent mit Doktorat
At the University of Graz, researchers and students work across a broad disciplinary spectrum to enlarge our knowledge, and find strategies to deal with challenges our society is confronted with and to shape tomorrow#s world. The University of Graz is a place which combines high quality academic research and teaching, where achievement is rewarded, careers are promoted, and social diversity is encouraged -all within a modern, award-winning working environment. Our motto: We work for tomorrow. Join us!
The Institute of Physics is looking for a
University Assistant with Doctorate
(40 hours a week; fixed-term employment for the period of 9 month; position to be filled as of December 1st 2021)
- Development, implementation and operation of methods for the fabrication of complex nanostructures
- Experimental work based on atomic force and scanning electron microscopy as well as focused ion beam milling
- Programming of control algorithms
- Contributions to collaborative projects
- Familiarization with project related, scientific topics
- Writing research grant proposals
- Contributing to the composition and editing of scientific manuscripts
- Contributions to scientific workshops and international conferences
- Co-supervision/supervision of students (Master and PhD level)
- Participation in organisational and administrative tasks and evaluation measures
- Independent execution of courses and exams (teaching activities)
- Completed PhD programme/degree in physics ideally with a focus on nanofabrication
- Profound experimental and theoretical knowledge in the following fields: nanofabrication, electron microscopy, nano-manipulation
- Excellent track record of international scientific publications
- Skills and willingness to (co-)supervised students
- Drafting of applications for grant proposals
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (level C1 or better)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Willingness to take part in advanced training
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated working style in an international team
- Didactic skills to contribute to teaching activities in experimental physics and other fields. Contributions to seminars, lab courses etc.
Salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 3945.90 gross/month. This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and renumerations.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect an enjoyable work climate, flexible work hours and numerous possibilities for further education and personal development. Take advantage of the chance to enter into a challenging work environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm for your job.
Applicaiton Deadline: November 17th 2021
Reference Number: MB/187/99 ex 2020/21
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and therefore encourages qualified women to apply.
Especially with regard to academic staff, we welcome applications from persons with disabilities who meet the requirements of the advertised position.
If you are interested, please submit your application documents including CV, photo and relevant certificates before the stated deadline. Make sure to indicate the reference number on your application to:
For further information, please contact Prof. Joachim Krenn (email@example.com).