|Head of the research group:|
|Institution:||Austrian Academy of Sciences|
|Organizational unit:||Institut für Hochenergiephysik (HEPHY)|
|Street address:||Nikolsdorfer Gasse 18|
|Assignments to Research Areas:|
- High Energy Physics
- Nuclear and Particle Physics
|Assignments to Fields of Work According to the Austrian System of Science Areas:|
|Field(s) of work:|
- High energy physics (103012)
- Particle physics (103034)
- Theoretical physics (103036)
|Date of the data acquisition:||31.05.2012|
|Data acquisition period:||from: 2007 up to including: 2011|
|Research Group at the Time of the Data Acquisition:|
|Scientific group members:|
|Scientific Output in the Above Data Acquisition Period:|
|H-index of the group head:||26|
|Number of publications:||24|
|Five most important publications:|
- Helmut Eberl, Walter Majerotto, A. Bartl, E. Ginina, B. Herrmann, K. Hidaka, W. Porod, "Flavour violating gluino three-body decays at LHC",
Phys. Rev. D 84 (2011) 115026
- Helmut Eberl, Wolfgang Frisch, Hana Hlucha, "HFOLD - a program package for calculating two-body MSSM Higgs decays at full one-loop level", Comp. Phys. Comm. Volume 182, Issue 10, (2011) 2219
- E. Christova , H. Eberl, E. Ginina, and W. Majerotto, "CP violation in H+- t production at the LHC",
Phys. Rev. D 79 (2009) 096005.
- F. del Aguila et al., "Collider Aspects of Flavour Physics at High Q", Eur. Phys. J. C 57 (2008) 183.
- G. A. Moortgat-Pick et al., "The Role of Polarized Positrons and Electrons in Revealing Fundamental Interactions at the Linear Collider", Phys. Rep. 460 (2008) 131.
- Frank, Sebastian, Wilhelm Macke Preis (Award),
granted: April 16, 2009, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria
|Five most important talks:|
- Sebastian Frank, "Computational Uncertainties in Public BR(B -> X_s gamma) Codes", SUSY11 at Fermilab, Batavia, IL, USA (Aug 30, 2011)
- H. Eberl, "Decay widths of all MSSM scalars at full one-loop level", invited talk at "Loops and Legs in Quantum Field Theories", Wörlitz, Germany (Apr 25, 2010).
- Wolfgang Frisch, "HFOLD a program package for calculating MSSM two-body Higgs decays at full one-loop level",
Susy 2010, Bonn (Aug 26, 2010)
- Helmut Eberl, "Loop calculations in the MSSM",
invited talk at the Corfu Summer school on SM and beyond, workshop (Sep 4, 2009).
- R. Schöfbeck, "Two-loop SQCD corrections to chargino and neutralino pole masses in the MSSM",
Loopfest 07 at Fermilab, Batavia, USA (April 17, 2007)
|Projects and Funding Granted in the Above Data Acquisition Period:|
- EU FP6:
HEPTOOLS: Tools and Precision Calculations for Physics Discoveries at Colliders
1. 12. 2006 - 30. 11. 2010
|Current research topics:|
- Radiative Corrections:
If low energy Supersymmetry is realized in nature, LHC will produce supersymmetric particles copiously and the ILC will be an ideal environment for performing precision measurements. Experimental accuracies are expected from the per-cent down to the per-mille level. These must be matched from the theoretical side. Therefore, the inclusion of radiative corrections is mandatory.
- Charge-Parity Violation (CPV):
SUSY contains possible new sources of CPV through additional CPV phases which lead to new effects at colliders. The phenomena of CPV are important also because this is likely to be the key to understanding the observed abundance of matter over antimatter.
- Flavour Violation (FV):
In the Standard Model FV is only possible due to the CKM matrix. New sources of FV can appear within SUSY models in the quark and also in the leptonic sector. Despite some strong constraints from B-physics the effects can be large.
- General phenomenological SUSY studies:
Covers studies not belonging to the above three subprojects, e.g. Monte Carlo studies of squark production at the ILC and gravitino three-body decays.
|Future topics (next 5 years):|
- Radiative Corrections
- Gravitino physics
- Quark Flavour Violation
- CP Violation
- Global Fits
|Teaching and Research Mobility in the Above Data Acquisition Period:|
3 doctor's theses
- Wolfgang Frisch: "Precise predictions of Higgs bosons decays including the full one-loop corrections in Supersymmetry", Vienna University of Technology (2011)
- Bernhard Schraußer: "Decays of Charginos and Neutralinos in the MSSM",
Vienna University of Technology (2010)
- Robert Schöfbeck: "Precise predictions for the masses of the supersymmetric fermions including two-loop corrections", Vienna University of Technology (2010)
|Diploma and master theses:|
- Sebastian Frank: "CP violating asymmetries induced by supersymmetry", JKU Linz (2008)
- Hana Hluchá: "QCD corrections to the neutralino decay to an antisbottom and a bottom quark within MSSM", Univ. Bratislava (2007)
- Lucia Hoseková: "One-loop Calculations of the Decay of a Neutral Higgs Boson into Two Photons in the MSSM", Univ. Bratislava (2007)
- Radiative Corrections (collaboration with 3 institutions)
- Charge-Parity Violation (collaboration with 4 institutions)
- Flavour Violation (collaboration with 5 institutions)
- General phenomenological SUSY studies (collaboration with 3 institutions)
- Gravitino Physics (collaboration with 1 institution)