Position of doctoral students or postdocs at the Vienna University
The Vienna Doctoral School in Physics (VDS-P) selects ambitious young researchers from all over the world to integrate and support them on their way to a physics doctorate at the University of Vienna. We offer attractive research opportunities in experimental, theoretical and computational physics.
On our website you will find all the current open positions.
As a VDS fellow, you will have a regular employment at the University of Vienna and you will be part of a visible community of young scientists. We offer numerous academic and social activities to connect you with your peers, professors and international scientists. We also offer some travel grants to support students attending international conferences and summer schools. We are looking for well trained, highly motivated young scholars and researchers who have:
- The interest and drive required for frontier research.
- A master’s degree in physics or a bachelor’s degree with honours (at the time of their employment).
- Excellent academic credits and references.
- High level English language skills.
- An additional interest in participating in the extracurricular social and scientific activities in the VDS-P.
We accept applications the whole year around. To be considered for the upcoming hearing in September, your application has to arrive until 1 August 2019. To apply or for more info, please visit our website: https://vds-physics.univie.ac.at
Poster: Call with deadline August 1, 2019
Current open positions