News and Announcements
Change of the Statutes of the OePG
The statutes of the OePG that have been changed at the General Assembly on September 28, 2016, have been approved by the appropriate public authorities on November 8, 2016. The current statutes are available on this website.
Statutes of the Austrian Physical Society 2016
Statutes of the Austrian Physical Society 2011
Winners of the OePG Awards 2016
On September 27, 2016, the following awards have been granted at the 66th Annual Meeting of the OePG 2016 in Vienna:
EPL Poster Awards (granted on September 29, 2016):
- Karin Hain (Univ. Wien), "Detection of Pu in Pacific Ocean water by AMS with respect to the Fukushima accident"
- Anna Weitzer (Univ. Graz), "Investigation of transitions conditioned by temperature and composition change in a 4 component lipid-only system"
- Jakob Alexander Genser (Montanuniversität Leoben), "Epitaxy of Highly Ordered Conjugated Organic Semiconductors Supported by Hexagonal Boron Nitride"
Fotos © Dipl.-Ing. Robert Alexander Herbst, POINT OF VIEW; poster awards: Computational Physics Group, Uni Wien
Awards for Special Achievements of Students at Higher Schools
On September 27, 2016, the following students at Austrian higher schools have received awards at the 66th Annual Meeting of the OePG 2016 in Vienna:
Excellent theses in the area of physics:
- 3rd place: Stefan Unterweger (Bischöfliches Gymnasium Graz): "Innovation in Elektronik und Beleuchtungstechnik" (Teacher: Mag. Dieter Winkler)
- 2nd place: Nicolas Griebenow (Stiftsgymnasium Kremsmünster): "Abstandsmessung mittels Lasertriangulation" (Teacher: Prof. Gerhard Bergmair)
- 1st place: Rebecca A. Frank (AHS 22 Theodor Kramer Straße): "Mechanische Eigenschaften und physikalische Prozesse von künstlichen Muskelfasern" (Teacher: Mag. Juanina Oppel-Equiluz)
Austrian Team at the 47th International Physics Olympiad (IPhO) in Zurich
- Alexander Theis (BG/BRG St. Johann)
- Jonas Bodingbauer (HTL-Leonding)
- Katharina Buczolich (HTL-Eisenstadt)
- Florian Rudinger (Europagymnasium Linz)
- Michael Pfeifer (BRG Klagenfurt)
Austrian Team at the Young Physicists' Tournament 2016 in Yekaterinburg, Russland:
- Rebecca Frank (AHS Theodor Kramerstr., Wien)
- Johanna Hofer (BG/BRG Freistadt)
- Markus Niese (Akademisches Gymnasium, Salzburg)
- Luisa Schrempf (AHS Theodor Kramerstr., Wien)
- Alexey Zagorulko (Schottengymnasium der Benediktiner, Wien)
Fotos © Dipl.-Ing. Robert Alexander Herbst, POINT OF VIEW
Operation of the OePG Website in a Secure Data Transfer Mode (Secure HTTP - HTTPS)
For technical and organizational reasons at our web provider, we currently cannot offer the OePG website in Secure HTTP mode (https://www.oepg.at) for all browsers and operating systems. When invoked in Standard HTTP mode (http://www.oepg.at), the OePG website changes automatically to Secure HTTP if this is possible and safe. Please do not try to change manually to HTTPS if the website remains in Standard HTTP mode: You will most likely trigger a security warning of your browser if you do so. (In principle, no harm can be done in this case even if you ignore this security warning and continue in HTTPS mode. Nevertheless, you never should ignore security warnings unless you are sure to know what you are doing.)
The reason for this irregularity is that the OePG website offers its security certificate in a mode not compatible with all browsers and operating systems (Server Name Indication - SNI; see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server_Name_Indication). Incompatible browsers invoke the security certificate of the host server on which the OePG website runs, instead of the OePG website's, which results in a severe certificate mismatch.
The following browsers guarantee a proper operation of the OePG website under Secure HTTP:
- Mozilla Firefox version 2.0 and higher (ca. 2007) and related browsers (Netscape Navigator, SeaMonkey, etc.);
- Internet Explorer 7 or higher under Windows Vista or newer (not under Windows XP!);
- Opera version 9.2 or higher;
- Safari under Mac OS X version 10.6 or higher and under Windows Vista or newer (not under Windows XP!);
- Google Chrome (all versions under Windows Vista or newer, version 6 or higher under Windows XP).
We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this problem and endeavour to solve this problem soon.