Winners of the OePG Awards 2018
On September 12, 2018, the following awards have been granted at the 68th Annual Meeting of the OePG 2018 in Graz:
- Fritz Kohlrausch Award: Dr. Johannes Fink (IST Austria) for the development of a new quantum electro-mechanics platform and its application as an on-chip microwave circulator
- Roman Ulrich Sexl Award: ao. Univ.Prof. Dr. Gernot Pottlacher for his excellent achievements in teacher training and for his great public relation work in the area of physics
- Max Auwaerter Award: Dr. Fabio Donati for his thesis "Investigation of individual magnetic atoms at surfaces"
- Victor Franz Hess Award (section "Nuclear and particle physics"):
Dr. Erica Brondolin (CERN) for her thesis "Track reconstruction in the CMS experiment for the High Luminosity LHC"
- Students' Award: Dipl.-Ing. Sabrina Mayr, BSc (TU Wien) for her thesis "Studies of Few-Monolayer Zirconia Films and Metal Nucleation on Zirconia Surfaces"
Alexander Schlager, BSc MSc (Universität Innsbruck) for his thesis "Preparing adjustable polarization entangled photon pairs from a Bragg-reflection waveguide"
All awardees at the 68th Annual Meeting of the OePG