Winners of the OePG and SPS Awards 2015
On September 1, 2015, the following awards have been granted at the joint Annual Meeting of the OePG and the SPS 2015 in Linz:
- Ludwig Boltzmann-Award (OePG):Josef Pradler (Austrian Academy of Sciences, Institute for High Energy Physics, Vienna)
for his series of works concerning the astrophysical, cosmological and direct detection probes of Dark Photons.
- ABB Award (SPS Award for General Physics, donated by ABB Schweiz AG): Gregor Jotzu (ETH Zurich)
talk: "Experimental realisation of the topological Haldane model with ultracold fermions"
- Victor Hess Award (OePG; Nuclear and particle physics section): Valentin Knünz (Austrian Academy of Sciences, Institute for High Energy Physics, Vienna)
talk: "Measurement of quarkonium polarization to probe QCD at the LHC: From puzzles to understanding"
- IBM Award (SPS Award for Condensed Matter Physics, donated by the IBM Research Laboratory Rüschlikon): Simon Gerber (Stanford University and SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory)
talk: "Switching of magnetic domains reveals spatially inhomogeneous superconductivity"
Bastien Dalla Piazza (Nanolive SA)
talk: "Fractional excitations in the square lattice quantum ferromagnet"
- Anton Paar Science Award for Physics (OePG; section "Solid state physics"; award sponsered by Santner Privatstiftung): Dominik Göbl (Institute of Experimental Physics, JKU Linz)
talk: "Electronic stopping and charge exchange of slow light ions in metals and semiconductors"
- Oerlikon Award (SPS Award 2013 for Applied General Physics, donated by OC Oerlicon): Branimir Radisavljevic (ABB Corporate Research, Dättwil)
talk: "Single-layer MoS2: Electronics in two dimensions"
- Roman Ulrich Sexl Preis (ÖPG): Gerhard Rath (Karl Franzens University Graz, and BRG Keplerstraße 1, Graz)
for the integration of theory and practice in the field of physics education and the research-implementation of current trends into physics teaching and teacher-education
- METAS Award (SPS): Peter Rickhaus (Dept. of Physics, University of Basel)
talk: "Electron-Optics in suspended Graphene"
- Students' Award (OePG): Claudia Gollner (Institute of Semiconductor and Solid State Physics, JKU Linz)
for her master's thesis "Random Lasing in CdSe/CdS core/thick-shell Nanocrystals"
Dominik Kreil (Institute of Theoretical Physics, JKU Linz)
for his master's thesis "Spin Sensitive Structure Factors and Response Functions in the two dimensional Electron Liquid"
- CHIPP Award (SPS): Lilian Witthauer (Departement Physik, Uni Basel)
talk: "η-Photoproduction off Quasi-Free Protons and Neutrons Bound in Light Nuclei"
EPL Best Poster Awards (granted on September 4th, 2015):
- Simone Schuler (Photonics Institute, TU Wien) et al.: "Graphene-based integrated photonics"
- Daniel Moser (Atominstitut, TU Wien) et al.: "Investigation of systematic effects of PERKEO III"
- Qi Liang (Atominstitut, TU Wien): "Calorimetry of a Bose-Einstein condensed photon gas"
Slideshow: Winners of the OePG and SPS Awards 2015
Group picture of the awardees of September 1, 2015